Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Nothing to see here, ignore please

  1. #11
    Inactive Member sharonlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2004
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shame...I scan read a bit of it last night and it was such an insightful and interesting read. I can understand why it was removed, but would like to thank the writer of the book for producing work that for once didn't seemed unbalanced or biased. It was lovely to learn things that I hadn't known before - though I do have to say this...if Daniel wants to be a songwriter, and Darren finds some songwriting partnerships a little empty...couldn't we have just one more song please? (Well, one to start with!).

    Thanks for posting it in the first place Janie!

    Sharon X

  2. #12
    Inactive Member twizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...though I do have to say this...if Daniel wants to be a songwriter, and Darren finds some songwriting partnerships a little empty...couldn't we have just one more song please? (Well, one to start with!).
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would so good wouldn't it? [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    We can dream, eh? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Ivana's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    2,229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't get to read it and I don't have a clue what this is about but can someone explain why this is all so hush hush and why someone typed something that's not suppose to be read? [img]confused.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Donna_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2004
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL, I see a thread saying there's nothing to see and go straight in and have a nosey to see what's going on!! [img]redface.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Dyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Geez.......... I miss the early fan days when we simply shared stuff in our innocence and never once worried about "copyright" and who typed what or who was intended to read it or not. If the guys showed up in an interview or article, it quickly made the rounds of the various fan sites and mailing lists.

    Anyone else remember Grant's site? Lord, I LOVED his site. Esp as a new fan. I must have spent hours sitting in front of my computer, with headphones on and listening to copies of radio interviews (all copyrighted, btw) from Australia or in the US that I had missed. Video that will probably never see tv air time again. TV appearances (again, all copyrighted).

    Geez, I ate it all up an wanted more! So I wish that I could have read this article. Even though I really don't consider myself a fan any more, I'm still interested and it would have been fun to read something that I'll never see otherwise.

    (Sorry, I'm tired and crabby.)

  6. #16
    Inactive Member sunhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2002
    Posts
    780
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think that's an unfair comment to make Dyan that the person who didn't want to share it in it's complete form is going against the early spirit of the SG fan days. Grant's site was great but he WAS sued, shut down and stalked by Sony more than one time and if someone doesn't want that to happen, i think it's fair to try to prevent that from occuring. The original poster made a decision to try to limit that risk and because someone ignored their wishes, it's not fair to the original poster that they are suddenly exposed to way more risk than they wanted in the first place. Grant always knew what he was risking, but he was also the one who decided what was going to be posted on his site.

    I'm going to go on a limb and guess that the original poster is probably ok with people sharing the article, they just don't want it posted in public and prominent ways. We all know certain people watch this bbs so a little carefulness doesn't hurt anyone. Laurie do you think private sharing would be ok, as long as we remain discreet about it?

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Kattitude's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2002
    Posts
    1,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I dont think Dyan meant any disrespect to the OP of the article. I think she just was thinking how innocent we probably all were in just posting stuff wherever and however we found it. People werent haunting our every move about copyright etc. We could just be rebellious fans being fans. Unless it was an MP3 we were posting it.

    I loved Grants site as well and I loved it as well. It was a great place for a new fan to get everything. Yes he got sued and chased down. But he was a legend.

    I think Dyan is just thinking its sad that we have to be sooo careful these days and people are shut down faster than they can say post for sharing virutally anything.

    I know the person who originally typed it probably just is worried and wanted some discretion because they realise how things work these days.

    Thats my take on it..

    Kat

  8. #18
    Inactive Member BarbT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm glad the post was edited ok our phone line decided to go kaput whilst I was doing it and we've only just had Telstra re-connect us *grumble* 4 days later!

    The sole reason I edited the post was to protect this board considering my perception it's under constant scrutiny.

    No matter what the intentions of the person who originally typed out the interview or how 'discreet' they expected those they shared it with to be, the bottom line was they were prepared to breach copyright, so please don't thank me Laurie because actually I feel quite angry about the whole thing.

    p.s. Janie I did try and send you a pm on Friday but lol your inbox was full [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#000000" size="1">[ September 06, 2005 02:41 AM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

  9. #19
    Inactive Member xenomania's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This sounds far too interesting to miss. If the typed up interview can't be posted, could someone tell us which publication it appeared in so those of us interested could chase it down? [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Ta.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member xenomania's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2004
    Posts
    87
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It is Songwriters Speak we're talking about isn't it? If so, here's the place to buy it for anyone interested.

    Songwriters Speak

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •